Commenting. It can be a fun way to connect to your readers. It can be the a source of frustration as a blogger. A comment can make your day. A comment can cause an argument. Today let's talk commenting.
There were a million questions about comments, but as I'm new and don't get many comments, and don't have much experience. But I have a few things to say/ask.
- Comments are wonderful. They are happy-making. Thrilling when it's someone who hasn't commented before. A single comment can make my day and make a post seem worthwhile. But I think comments are like chocolate or potato chips - once you have one you want more.
- What are trolls and flamers?? Do people out there really say mean things? This is inconceivable to me! Can anyone tell me about some experiences?
- As much as I love getting comments, I am not always very good at leaving them. Often because I can't think what to say beyond, "Cool review. I want to read that!" which sounds really dumb when I go to write it. Even more lately, as I read more blogs and see all the followers and commenters, I think my tiny drop in the bucket won't matter and my contribution would be unnoticed or even unwelcome. Any of you with many commenters have an opinion on that?
- Resolution to comment: check.
- Commenting on the comments I get? I am not always good at that. But I guess I should at least be saying Thankyou, huh? Where are my manners?