Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Smile! You're on an Awards Show!

In the last month I have received this award from two generous bloggers, Star Shadow and Queen Bee. Thank you again - you made my month. (My apologies for not posting sooner - I usually have limited time and I give priority to my reviews so I don't forget what I want to say. Today Little Mr. Wiggly Butt has fallen asleep so I have TWO hands!)

7 things about me:
  1. I name things. It makes it easier to talk about them or direct people to find things on them. For example, the little counter by the oven where miscellaneous things get piled is Mike. The settee by the front door is Nora. The round table that has been chopped short to be a coffee table of sorts in the front room is Arthur. The list could go on and on.
  2. I get my nose, rather than my chin, wet when I eat a whole apple . (It's all in the wrist.)
  3. I am from Northern California. No, I mean NORTHERN California. A city called Redding that is about 2 hours south of the Oregon border. It is a beautiful hot place with huge lakes, forests, mountains, and rivers. And only 3 hours from the ocean. I miss it.
  4. My favorite color is green.
  5. I am 4 credits away from my BA in English with a creative writing emphasis at BYU.
  6. I decorated my family room in pumpkins and leaves because I love Fall so much I can't bear to put it away for a year.
  7. I have an irrational fear of worms.
Passing this on to bloggers who have BEAUTIFUL blogs:
  1. Erin at Bookish in a Bow
  2. Stacy at A Novel Source
  3. Brenda at Brenda Loves Books
  4. Morgan at Smitten with Books
 
 This one was also given to me by Queen Bee. Happy Dance!

So 7 more things about me (so that you'll know more than you ever wanted):
  1. I wish I could swing all day. I wish my bed were a swing.
  2. I have one poem published in Ladybug Magazine and one more supposedly coming out in some future issue some day.
  3. I hate mayonnaise and love barbecue sauce.
  4. I make up songs and sing a lot over the course of the day. I forget most of them.
  5. I have weathered preemie-hood, have a son with ADHD, and a spirited daughter (THIS book is life-saving)...so nothing surprises me. 
  6. I care nothing about professional or college sports, current fashion trends, or TV shows.
  7. I am a tomboy. My heart goes pitter-pat for camping and hiking and boots and Cabella's and trees.
Passing it On to those with HONEST blogs:
  1. Christy at Dearest Dreams
  2. Michelle at Michelle Teacress
  3. Bookscoops
  4. Kim at Good Clean Reads
 (I changed the rules a bit because it was getting too stressful. This blogging thing can't get stressful. That's what I have those 5 kids for!)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing it on and congratulations to you too! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! And a huge congratulations to you too!!! I so love your Shel Silverstein poem. My 16 year old daughter's favorite poet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, thank you so much Julie. You have no idea how much this award means to me. And congrats to all the other wonderful bloggers these were passed onto. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I love being accused of being honest. Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm extremely late in my thanks but I really wanted you to know that I appreciate the award. It means a lot to me. Congrats to you too on your awards. You are very deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the Honest award! What an honor!

    ReplyDelete