Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Review: Laura Ingalls Wilder Country by William Anderson


Laura Ingalls Wilder Country
by William Anderson
Photobook / Non-fiction
 pages
published: 1990
5 of 5 stars

After going through the Little House on the Prairie series. I found I had a few questions and a lot of interest in what the real people looked like. After doing some research I discovered a few additional books and a whole bunch of scrapbooks, or photobooks, that have been published about Laura. I picked one out and put in a amazon order. (Yes, I probably could have searched out all those pictures, but I'm not that good at it, not that patient, and am very old fashioned about my desires to hold the pictures and look at them without worrying about resolution.)

I loved this book. It is big and beautiful and contains lots of information along with the pictures. I shows what the landscape looked like, what the houses looked like, what the people looked like. I read it cover to cover in one day. It also had such useful things as maps, time lines, and indexes.

Recommended For: every Laura fan - come over and borrow mine

No comments:

Post a Comment