Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Review: Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer - A Very Quick Review of IT

Breaking Dawn
by Stephenie Meyer
Paranormal
Twilight #4
754 pages
published: 2008
3 of 5 stars

I finished the book round about 5:30. I started last night, but didn't stay up too late, so I was reading most of today - minus diapers, and lunch, and crowd control, ya know. As penance, I cleaned the kitchen as soon as I finished. But that is not the point...

I'd have to echo Suey's thought, in that it was not what I expected. Several hanging, never-ending questions that I supposed might be resolved by the end of the book where actually answered fairly quickly. There was one huge plot twist that totally blindsided me! Paint me pink and call me Lucy! There was the romantic mush (I do like it), and suspense...and an end that wasn't exactly surprising. I do not mean that negatively...so many series seem to pull new bad guys out of their butts to carry on the story...and I'm thinking, wow, that was...original and oh so illogical! This story still made sense.

I enjoyed it immensely. I didn't put it down. And I am happy and satisfied at the end. I do think it might disappoint those who favor a more "realistic" outcome. I think this series could fit nicely in the category of Fairy Tale. But again, that is not a negative comment. Me, I'm from the Disney generation, and love a good happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. So, I finished IT tonight! I too love a happy ever after, so I was happy and all. There were a lot of things I didn't see coming though, but most of the time I'm clueless about plot points anyway, maybe that was just me.

    But, I loved it. I truly did.

    ReplyDelete