Friday, August 29, 2008

Laundry Tales

A friend emailed a link to an article about laundry, and I thought it was hilarious. And I could laugh and even have no guilt, because as horrible a housekeeper as I am, I'm not that bad! I'm close...I've posted before about Xander wearing girl underwear or socks to school, and I've had comments about "matching" pajamas before. So I sympathize. My solution to my inability to keep the laundry clean has been to buy hundreds of the most run-out-of items. When Xander's underwear are all clean they barely fit in his drawer.

And I recently threw away all the white socks. I erroneously thought that buying white socks, or packs where each pair was different, would aid in the pairing. It is not so. All I got for my effort was boxes of white socks - none of which matched any others. So now we are color coordinated. Jadyn has purple-heeled socks, Kyra dark pink, Xander grey, and Aspen light pink. Sock matching is now doable. Unless, of course, I don't get to it right away and the monsters dump out the clean socks and mix them up with the dirty laundry and I have to start all over again. Sigh. But I'd still rather do laundry then clean a bathroom....

No comments:

Post a Comment