Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reviw: Breaking Dawn Part II

After reading other reviews I laughed at myself because I can be so easy to please. I will sometimes refuse to think about things that are less then perfect...and of course I would never want to offend anyone! Sheesh.

Not that I'm not way happy with book! Hardly. I was serious about loving a happy ending. But here are a few more thoughts.
  • I had no problem with the imprinting. It made sense. I was set up for it, without realizing it, with Quil and Claire and the other descriptions off the universe stopping and the strings being cut and the guy becoming re-centered around the girl. The age difference didn't upset me either, but I've read lots of fantasies with big age differences, and my own husband is significantly older than me.
  • Pregnancy was the big shock for me, but I was okay because I figured that when male vampires get "frozen" I guess their sperm does as well. I'm thinking, though, that that gives them a limited amount of fertility since they aren't making any more, but also makes them very fertile because they have immortal sperm. Since Edward hadn't been with anyone (according to this logic) Bella didn't stand a chance.
  • I thought her name was silly and liked the nickname - never thought of Lock Ness until Bella brought it up. But I did like Carlie.
  • The fizzle that surprised me the most was Rosalie. (She is the least likable character in the book for me.) She fought so hard for the baby and not because she cared much about Bella. I thought there would be a fight between Rose and Bella over the baby's affections - that Rose had been hoping that Bella would die so the baby would be hers.
  • Bella was bugging me in the beginning about not accepting being married. Get over it.
  • I liked the description from Bella's point of view about being a vampire. Fascinating.
  • If Jacob imprinted on the girl most likely to make stronger wolves...how is it that gonna work? Werewolf plus 1/4 vampire? Hmmmm.
  • I didn't have a problem with Nessie's appearance in my head. I just pictured a fast growing articulate kid. It said over and over how her proportions were not exactly baby-like. She was charming.
  • I do think Meyer's was working to make everyone happy, and at times I wondered how there could be so much book left when there seemed so little plot left. But I don't envy her position with millions of screaming fans and a series to end perfectly. Talk about stress!
  • I still don't understand why the volturi have milky eyes? Anyone care to explain?
  • The ending could have been more tense and less perfect without killing the ending. A few volturi could have died! But I guess that wouldn't help with the sequel everyone thinks will be coming. And I didn't care that much when Irina died. I'm heartless. Apparently.
Okay, enough for now. I really do need to feed my kids dinner.

I am suffering from that withdrawal I get after a good book or series ends. What do I do now? My life is so boring! Gotta get a new book...gotta get a new book....

1 comment:

  1. More interesting observations! My favorite that you brought up is what sorts of babies will Jacob and Nessie have? Hmmmm.... even MORE food for thought regarding a sequel. I know Stephenie Meyer will not be able to pass this all up. It's coming!

    ReplyDelete