Monday, June 16, 2008

Timing Is Everything

A friend that I haven't seen in nearly 3 years (I think) stopped by on Sunday because they are in town, and it was lovely timing. We had arrived home just hours before - after driving through the night - and I was crashed on the couch. I don't know about anyone else, but I was hoping when I saw my friend to look like life had been good...and I was already self-conscious about my recent weight gain...

So here's how it goes...I was not sleeping lightly, mind you, but "where the hell am I am?" sleeping, so I was especially crumple-faced. I hadn't found my conditioner and my hair was frizzy-fly-away. I was wearing some barely modest, certainly not flattering, actually paint covered pajamas. No makeup - which isn't a huge deal except that I've just been through a week of sun, wind, desert, and hard water which makes me look like I have a special type of zit covered leprosy. I was not thought conscious! I mean, words did not make sense, and words did not come out of my mouth making sense. And I couldn't even walk straight!

That's how things go, I guess. At least I was clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment