Welcome to Fablehaven 5!!! (Cue really cool music.)
I was not at all sure we could attend this, but my whim took over, the stars aligned (meaning two "babysitters" were found last minute) and we went. We = me, my husband, my baby, my two oldest children, and our teenage helper friend.
There was a super funny show put on by D.C. Comedy - a movie preview called Sense and Senseless Violence. Pop culture referenced:
- Harry Potter
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson got the biggest roar of applause!)
- Pride and Prejudice (the love-interest was Edward Darcy)
- Sense and Sensiblity
- Pirates of the Carribean
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (He got stuck in the Quiet Box)
- The Hunger Games (Katniss thought things should be decided by a fight to the death :)
- the Matrix
- Fablehaven (of course)
A Funny Sequence of Events:
- Early in the show, handfuls upon handfuls of glow sticks were thrown into the audience, but none reached the top of the nosebleeds where we were.
- My 8 year old son took this very hard.
- Later, when Brandon Mull was asking the powers that be if there were any other questions he was supposed to be answering, my little boy held up his hand and bounced around like Mr. Mull was going to see and call on him.
- On the way out a random kid handed 4 glow sticks off to my kids and their evening was made blissfully complete.
- While walking to the car I remembered to ask what the Boy wanted to ask so badly.
- "If we could have a glow stick!" he answered.
Well, if you haven't read this amazing series...what are you waiting for!!! It is awesome. LoveLoveLove it!